The 16th Salon Daguerre, an international digital photography competition, is getting ready and the whole team is already looking forward to your images. The last Salon Daguerre allowed us to receive nearly 4500 images, coming from 38 countries, with a very beautiful photographic diversity.
The Daguerre Salon is open to all photographers, amateur or professional, aged 18 or over.
We look forward to seeing many of you in 2023.
Submissions to the 16th Salon Daguerre will be open from Saturday March 18th to Sunday May 28, 2023, at midnight Paris time. The judgment will take place from June 9 to 11, 2023.
As every year, 5 categories are proposed:
– monochrome (black and white) on a free theme
– monochrome (black and white) on the theme “high angle/low angle” . We invite you to play with the angle of your shots, to show your best images from above or below. From top to bottom, from bottom to top, all subjects are possible. Landscapes, architecture, portraits, … have fun with perspective by following in the footsteps of Laszlo Moholy-Nagy, Alexandre Rodtchenko or Berenice Abbott and many others.
– Colour on a free theme
– Colour on the theme named”on the road” The road to holidays, discoveries and adventure. The road to elsewhere, to the distant, the mysterious. Or the road to everyday life, next door, close by. Make the road a story, an invitation to follow you, whether or not you are following in the footsteps of Jack Kerouac, the famous author of “On the Road”, it is up to you to tell us about your road!
– Colour on the theme “a tree/trees”. For this series, a tree, or trees, must be the main subject of the image. The photographs can be taken in nature, in parks and gardens, in urban areas. The trees can be numerous or solitary, taken from a wide angle or close-up, it doesn’t matter, the tree or trees must dominate the scene.
More detailed information is available in the competition rules.
We are fortunate to have a talented and diverse jury to judge your photographs.
Ana SARTORI is a professional photographer. Born in Brazil, of Italian origin, her work questions identity, its fragments and its invisible traces. (www.anasartori.com)
Patrick BAUDUIN received the 2020 Grand Prix d’Auteur from the Fédération photographique de France (FPF). A self-taught author-photographer and member of the Incarnat collective, his photographic practice is similar to an artistic documentary vision that seeks “the extraordinary in the ordinary”. ( patrickbauduin.com)
Régis RAMPNOUX is a member of the Paris Val de Bièvre Photo Club. He has obtained the title of Excellence from the International Federation of Photographic Art (FIAP).
The Salon Daguerre is affiliated with the major photographic federations: PSA, FPF and FIAP. Best images will be rewarded with numerous prizes and awards.
Prizes and awards
The Salon has 3 grand prizes for the best club and the best authors in all categories:
– Best Club Prize: 400 euros
– Prize for the best author: 250 euros
– Prize for the best female photographer: 250 euros
10 awards are given to the best photos in each category (gold medal, silver medal, « Coup de coeur », ribbon). For more details, please consult the competition rules.
Do you want to participate ? Start selecting your best images ! We look forward to seeing you on Saturday 18 March 2023 for the opening of submissions.